Lockdown Protocol 0.22.0 beta released
Second beta release for Lockdown Protocol is ready.
The change log consists mostly of bug fixes and balancing, but there are some new stuff too. I added one new small multiplayer level optimized for two-player local deathmatches. There is also one completely new weapon. I had decided not to add any more weapons, but I "accidentally" created a new pretty weapon while playing around with particles systems. So I finished it and here it is:
I have done a lot of tweaking based on feedback from the previous versions. Most of it aims to make the guards a little less efficient in killing the player and reduce the need to walk through already cleared empty corridors.
Here's full list of changes since 0.21.0 beta release:
- Added full-screen red flash "pain effect".
- Added a new weapon: Plasma cannon.
- Added one more multiplayer level.
- Fixed closing window with title bar close button.
- Made guards randomly misaim to make them a bit less deadly over long distances.
- Added basic gamepad control to menus.
- Single player gameplay is now paused while menu is open.
- Tweaked all levels for a bit more action and less walking through empty corridors.
- Made elevators and platforms move a little faster.
- Increased player walk speed a tiny bit to make jumping over gaps easier.
- Fixed duplicate "Player X entered" messages in split-screen multiplayer matches.
- Fixed randomly changing direction before mouse was first moved on remote clients.
- Fixed player occasionally damaging himself when shooting while running up a ramp or falling.
- Fixed choppy or completely missing reload animations on remote clients.
- Fixed heartbeat loop sound not always stopping on death.
- Shortened sentry gun target detection range.
- Fixed spiders sometimes walking really slowly.
- Increased guard AI stun duration after damage.
- Added hit sound to pulse rifle and sentry drone projectiles.
- Increased sentry drone fire rate, lowered its projectile speed and damage.
- Lowered jellyfish projectile speed.
- Fixed crash in case of too many simultaneous explosions.
- Fixed object destruction when moving outside of level area.
- Doubled laser rifle range.
- Fixed explosions not applying forces to indestructible objects (e.g. blue barrels).
- Adjusted visible/audible ranges to fix ugly looping sound cutoff.
- Fixed missing particle fade out in some of the weapon hit effects.
- Fixed badly oriented rocket smoke trail particle effect on clients.
Posted on 2015-01-31