Lockdown Protocol 1.1.0 released

First update to the final version of Lockdown Protocol is here.

The previous version had a combination of compatibility issues that I talked about in the last progress report post here. As I was unable to fix some of the issues with Direct3D renderer I decided to switch to using OpenGL renderer by default on Windows too. Direct3D renderer is still available as a backup for cases where OpenGL does not work.

I have made some changes to score calculation to make the score more dependent on skilled gameplay and less on luck. For example I removed vials in supply packs, because those added a totally random component to final level score. The score given based on level completion time was also slightly increased. Although the scores with older versions are not directly comparable anymore I decided not to reset online high-scores.

This update has actually been ready for some time now, but I was waiting for a code signing certificate. Now that I got it, the game's executables on Windows are finally properly signed, which should get rid of the scary Smart Screen warnings and at least help with false malware detections.

Here's full list of changes since 1.0.0 final release:

  • Replaced all computer generated announcement sounds with human voices.
  • Revert to windowed mode instead of failing if primary monitor can't be detected.
  • Reimplemented decal rendering to fix really slow decal updates with some Windows OpenGL drivers.
  • Show error pop-up on some rare errors previously leading to silent failure.
  • Added '--systemerrors' command line option for enabling more informative Windows error dialogs.
  • Removed unnecessary high-score download for level editor previews.
  • Hid internal unusable trigger elements from level editor.
  • Removed a sentry gun that was too hard to destroy in the 5th single player level.
  • Added a sentry gun to the tutorial level.
  • Removed a couple of obsolete resource files from installation.
  • Supply packs no longer contain vials.
  • Slightly increased the score given based on level completion time.
  • Lowered the total number of spiders spawning from a nest.
  • Added instructions in readme.txt for setting the target time for custom levels.
  • Set OpenGL renderer as default on Windows too.
  • Properly signed Windows executable to get rid of the "unknown publisher" warnings.

Download links have been updated on the game page and the update is available on Desura too.

Back to all posts

Posted on 2015-05-17

Share:

Comments (0)