Hyper Ultra Astronautics 0.0.4 alpha released
It's been a while since last sign of life here. Although the development has been slow, I have been working on Hyper Ultra Astronautics. This update brings a weapon that lets you teleport inside objects to blow them up, a pause mode with free camera movement and a lot of minor tweaks and fixes.
I also managed to fix a few Windows version compatibility issues and the game should now be playable using Wine. I have only tested this on Linux, but it should run on OSX too. If somebody has the time and hardware to test it, please let me know how it goes.
Here's full list of changes since 0.0.3 alpha:
- A new weapon: Telefragger.
- Added pause mode with free camera control (aka photo mode).
- Made keyboard controller steering acceleration exponential to ease accurate aiming.
- Tweaked ship steering to stop rotation a bit faster when controls are released.
- Fixed bad bullet billboard orientation in certain camera angles.
- Added a little random variation to total number of stars in the background.
- Toned down the global reverb effect on audio.
- Enabled anti-aliasing by default.
- Fixed particle distortion effects not fading out smoothly.
- Removed teleport trails and tweaked teleport in/out particle effects.
- Multithreading improvements.
- Fixed random crashes when game fails to start (exit gracefully instead).
- New EMP wave effect.
- Increased EMP range and disruption duration.
- New shoot sound for scatter gun.
- Slowed down missiles a bit.
- Fade out missile thruster sounds as they fly outside arena.
- Fixed Wine compatibility (tested on Linux, should work on OSX too).
- Fixed anti-aliasing on Windows.
- Made missiles continuously search targets if none is found at launch.
Posted on 2016-08-17